Friday, September 17, 2010

Need lend a hand near DVD-R drive please?

My bf bought a DVD-r drive to put into our system. XP picked up the bright hardware right away, but it will not read DVDs. Or cd-roms either, unless the disk is surrounded by the drive at start-up. We also have a cd-rw drive, and the drives are both set to cable select. He downloaded an InterVideo DVD decoder, too. We are totally at a loss as to why the drive won't read disks after start-up. Is in that anything we're doing wrong, do we need some quality of special software?

I forgot to say - we get the drive refurbished on Ebay from a very reputable trader, and it did not come with an installation cd, (since XP identified the drive this did not seem key.) If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it!

Need lend a hand near DVD-R drive please?

DVD drive is probably defective - forget about the spam for Nero from the other poster. Contact the reseller and he should send you another drive - these things begin with refurbished equipment some times.
It kinda sounds close to its just messed up to me if it won't even READ discs. I'd be sending that sucker posterior. I assume the drive letter shows up contained by My Computer and you can double-click on it... and then... ?

No comments:

Post a Comment