Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Network attached storage, near NTFS support?

I'm looking to put in a large complex drive to my home network for broken up backups of other machines on the see. I don't need (or even want) Internet access to the drive, and I don't want to build and administer a full PC for the purpose. Most NAS devices I've found so far (NSLU-2, DNS-120, HNAS1) any require reformatting the hard drive (not devout if I've already got information there) or don't support NTFS. I thought I had found a title holder in Vantec's Nexstar LX, but I found this morning (the tricky way) that it doesn't support NTFS. I'm looking for reasonable cost (can't afford and don't all the same need a terabyte) as powerfully. Anyone got hardware suggestions? Thank you so much.

Network attached storage, near NTFS support?

Ximeta.com.

I've installed two of these, one which does day after day backups of five computers.

It requires proprietary software to be installed on respectively computer, but it runs really fast. No definite troubles, just update the software from Ximeta. I've be happy beside it. Even tore a hard drive out and threw contained by a larger 250gig, no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment